CHOCOLATE WINTER PUDDING BOMBE
Couple of years ago I came across a recipe by Jamie Oliver. He was making a “Winter Pudding Bombe” and it looked absolutely delicious! It has two key ingredients that I love - ICE CREAM and PANETTONE! Ever since it has been my tradition to make it every Christmas. Over the years I have been cleaning up my diet and have made this treat a little simpler.
This simpler recipe by no means is super “clean” nor super duper low in calories. It is the freaking holidays, so cheer up and eat in moderation!
All you need are three ingredients and some patience.
1 3.5oz of Whole Foods Market Panettone
½ pint of Halo Top Creamery Ice Cream – any flavors.
1 cup of Lily’s Dark Chocolate Baking chips
- Take your ice cream out and let it soften while you prepare the panettone.
- Slice or tear up panettone.
- Line a small bowl with cling film.
- Lay the slices or pieces of panettone in the bowl. It doesn’t have to be prefect but make sure there aren’t any gaps between the pieces. Leave a few pieces of panettone, you will need to use to cover the ice cream.
- Scoop in the ice cream. Pack the ice cream in tightly and place the remaining pieces of panettone on top of the ice cream.
- Cover your creation with the cling film. Place a plate on top of your bowl and freeze it overnight.
- 15 minutes before serving, place chocolate baking chips in a bowl and let it sit on a simmering pot of water till chocolate melts.
- Take the panettone ice cream creation out of the freezer, unwrap the cling film. Place dessert on a plate and dizzle melted chocolate baking chips all over it.
- Slice and serve.
Enjoy! Happy Holidays my friends!