GREEN ME UP SOUP
Soups soups soups! Broccoli is a staple in this household. I cannot possibly have roasted or saute broccoli all week. Some days, I just have to put in a little effort to jazz my meals up and soup is the best way to do it. Chopped, boil and blend!
- 2 cups of chopped broccoli
- 1 cup of chopped leek
- 1 cup of diced potato
- 2 tablespoon of minced garlic
- ½ cup of diced onion
- 4 cups of vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoon of freshly grated ginger
- 2 tablespoon of spicy sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon of Japanese chili flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat spicy sesame oil in saucepan. Add in ginger, onion and garlic, saute till light brown.
- Add potato, leeks, broccoli and vegetable stock, bring to a boil and simmer for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Purée with a hand blender or blender. Salt and pepper to taste and garnish with Japanese chili flakes.
- Serve hot.